LIFE UNEXPECTED
NOTE: This blog was written while I tried to watch the season premiere of Leverage and put my four children to bed who have no interest in going to bed so I am trying to ignore their giggles and talking and yelling at me that we didn't read scriptures ( I have had enough. We read this morning. Should I feel guilty?) I really try to be a good mom but goodness by eight o clock I am just done!!
So I hate Wednesday TV on the big three stations. Even four if you consider Fox! I tried the whole American Idol thing and liked it a couple of time but really I cant do it!! I don't mind a good comedy but if I am watching one while my kids are awake they want to watch to and I am sorry but most are inappropriate for younguns!
That being said I was flipping through the channel guide trying to find something to watch. I stumbled on Life Unexpected on the CW. I decided to try it out and it was actually cute. Made you actually think about your choices. The story line is about a young girl who hates the foster care system and wants to be emancipated. Her biological parents never signed some papers so she takes over he overworked case workers job and goes to find her parents (Don't know how likely this is but good anyway!)
Her mom got pregnant when she was sixteen so she put the baby up for adoption. They said it was easy to place a baby but that was before they knew she had a whole in her heart. By the time she was done with the surgeries she was three and no longer easy to place and therefore put in foster care. The mom never knew any of this.
Sooo.. the girl goes to her court date to be emancipated and the judge is not going for it. She asks who is going to co-sign on her lease and low and behold her biological mom and dad are both there and both say they will. Long story short the judge ends up awarding custody to her biological parents.
It really just got me thinking about if we really understand the long lasting effects of our choices. I know that not many teenagers have sex to get pregnant but many do. It is a possible side effect after all!! Nobody texts while driving so they can get in an accident and kill someone yet it does happen and it is a possibility.
The reality in life is that things don't usually happen the way we plan. We should be a little more careful what we choose to do.

2 comments:
I think bad driving habits show the ripple effect of bad choices too! Sounds like a fun show. I have a hard time getting into new shows, but we have found one we both like. It's called Pawn Stars and it's on the History channel. It's about a pawn shop in Vegas. We love it!
My husband watches that show often! I don't think the two of us could agree on a tv show. We have totally different likes when it comes to tv!
Post a Comment